Solution to GooglePlus Photo Autobackup Failure

I previously wrote about unlimited storage I found on internet. One of them happens to be Google Plus. Using Google Plus app on Android, you are able to turn on auto backup for all the photographs taken using your Android phone.

This worked well but I found the backup stopped working properly - it stopped uploading my photographs. Initially, I thought it was my account because I was able to log into another account and get those photos uploaded and when I logged into my original account, the upload worked. However, that trick only work once.

Android Photo autobackup failures


There is now an option in Google Plus to either upload your photos in full size but you are only given 15 Gbytes free space (this will may change with the unified storage - where all Google products will share the space) or use standard size with unlimited free storage.

Recently, I came across the following article. I did some experiment and found that the application had difficulty uploading photos that are more than 5 Mega pixels. After reducing the size of the photos using Picasa and uploading it back the phone, the auto backup works again.

This means that the new phones with more than 5 Megapixels will have difficulty using the auto backup feature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app