Removing Skin Tags

I do not remember when I skin tag first appeared on my neck. Skin tags may appear cosmetic, but I have some tags that feel sore, the kind of soreness that seem to come from the nerves.

At first, I did not know what to do with the tags, but luckily for me, my wife came up with a way to remove the tags. She pulled a strand of her hair and tied the tag. The tag will turn black and fall off together with the hair. This approach was effective until my wife decided to shorten her hair and her eyesight started to deteriorate.

Since then I tried looking for alternative ways of removing the skin tags. One of the approaches is to apply apple vinegar on the tags. I tried it, but it did not work for me, either because of the way I applied or because I had not applied it frequently enough (I applied it only at night because of the strong smell of the vinegar).



I considered freezing the tag using hydrogen peroxide - treatment used to remove benign warts. The pharmacist recommended an alternative solution - Treatmorz, an ointment to apply on the skin tag. It claims to be a harmless and painless way to remove the tag within two weeks. 



When I first applied it, since there were so many tags close to each other, I applied it on the whole area around on my neck twice. The ointment has a nice scent to it. The area where I applied the ointment turn red and became a painful (it was not at the beginning). I applied the ointment on a smaller area (or try to apply it on the tag only, but was difficult with the roller on the bottle). Just as I was about the give up, some of tags started falling off.  One of the tags went into the bottle via the roller and I used water to wash and roll before getting it out. I continued to apply to one remaining tag, but the smell was as nice as when I first applied the ointment.

Based on my experience, the bottle of ointment cannot be shared (since doing so will be sanitary). It works well for larger skin tags, but not for tiny ones. I am just glad to have an inexpensive way of removing my skin tags.

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app