Movie Review: Wonder Woman (2017)




When the thriller first came out for Wonder Woman, I thought it would not be very interesting; I expected a dated and dull scene set in the 60s. After watching the movie today, I am glad the movie was totally different. It turns out to be one of the best movie from the DC universe since Man of Steel.

Since this movie tells about the origins of Wonder Woman, it contains some basic elements such as
  • She was formed from clay (so she is not really one of the Amazons).
  • Her first enemy is Ares, God of War.
  • The first man she meets is Steve Trevor.
  • Her primary weapons are the bracelet and the Lasso of Truth.
  • She goes by the name Diana Prince.

I loved the pace of the story, where at a young age, she was already interested in learning to fight against the wishes of her mother. The mother finally relented but asked that her training be tougher than the others on the island so that she will be best and surpass her trainer.

Even though Diana was powerful and knowledgeable, she was very naive about the way of our world. She thought that killing Ares would immediately bring peace to the world.

Using shield against machine gun fire made the movie more realistic (even though I do not remember her ever using a shield in comics). Also, having her distract the German army in order to defeat them was a stroke of genius.

My daughter asked me a question I could not answer, why is she called Wonder Woman when the name was never mentioned in the movie?

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app