Love for Reading


Ever since I was in primary school, I loved reading books. This continued through secondary school, college and also when I started working. I read all the technical books on programming from cover to cover even though most of my colleagues just read selected chapters.

However, I stopped after I found that reading had caused my eye to get very tired. It became worse after I found that one of my eyes was affected by cataract. After the cataract operation, I was forced to use only one eye when reading since the eye that was operated on could only be used to see far. I could not enjoy the pleasure of reading anymore. I then switched to audio book and later to podcast. It seems like a good substitute to reading (or so I thought).

A few years back, I found that I needed reading glasses; previously, I only needed glasses to see far. It just happened suddenly, my sight was blurred and I could not see close objects clearly. The optometrist confirmed that I needed reading glasses to see objects that are close by clearly (including the monitor my notebook).

It was only recently that I rediscovered my love for reading. Podcast is not a good substitute for a good book. In fact, it is even more enjoyable reading the book using the kindle app on my phone. The kindle app is great since it remembers where I stopped and allow me to resume from that page even when I switch to a different device. Also, I do not have to worry about finding space to store the books after reading.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app