Willpower

I lost 20 kilograms within nine months in 2005 using willpower and determination. I learned a lot from the experience, losing weight is not a simple process of exercise or just diet; it is a combination of both. By 2011, I regained almost all the weight loss and now weigh more than when I started. I tried the process again but have failed multiple times.

I know I have strong willpower but that is not enough because I have to think about it and make conscious decision like what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat. It takes too much mental power to do that and there is always the urge to skip one day and then skip one week.

There has to a better way. It is time I created a process that I can follow without making much decision and turn it into my routine. The routine will need to:

  1. Ensure that the calories in my food intake does not exceed the calories I will burn daily.
  2. Have enough exercise so that I will continue to be strong and flexible.
  3. Get enough sleep. I had not noticed this earlier, the amount of sleep also helps in my body weight management.

I do not know if this will work but am definitely going to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app