The few people I spoke to agreed that the price is very attractive but as of today the different variations of the phone is still available - Gold, White, Blue and Black. Note 3 is also also sale at RM1899 but those are also not selling.
I can only speculate the reason why those phones are not selling. Could it be one of the following:
- Lack of awareness. Potential buyers are not aware of the sale.
- The phones can only be bought using PayPal.
- Even though the phones are on sale, it is still too expensive for most Malaysian.
- Those who want the phone already bought them.
- There are many other phone options out there.
For option 3, the buyer could easily convert their purchase into easy payment with a handling charge of 2%.
Since I gain nothing from the sale, it does not concern me that much. I am just curious.