2. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – When you are wrong, stop what you are doing, admit your mistakes, cut your losses short, and move on. This will prove to be valuable in investing as well as in life and in business.
3. “Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.” – Simply put, no one can say no to great. If you want to live a life that matters, do great work. If you want a portfolio that kicks ass, put in your research and buy great companies. Yes, it’s that simple.
4. “Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.” – Never underestimate the value of people, especially the power of teams. If you want to come up with excellent work, choose excellent peers.
5. “The problem with the Internet startup craze isn’t that too many people are starting companies; it’s that too many people aren’t sticking with it.” – Success comes from hardwork, commitment, true grit, and passion. Steve was so passionate with his work that he used to cry when things don’t turn out the way he intended.
6. “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – This was Steve’s closing note on his commencement speech at Stanford University in 2005. In this speech, he advised the graduating students not to live according to other people’s thinking, and to have the courage to follow their hearts and intuition. Staying hungry and foolish means never becoming complacent, to strive and work for what you truly believe in, and to be “foolish” enough not to listen to so-called experts and authorities when it comes to what can and can’t be done.
7. “That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Simple is better. The less clutter in your life (and in investing) the more focus you have on what’s truly important. And naturally, the more focus you have, the more impact you make in your life and in others’.
8. “That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.” – Always remember that the RIGHT PEOPLE are a company’s greatest asset. Whether you’re starting a venture or investing in a company, make sure that the right people are involved. A lone person can only do so much, but a great team can literally move mountains in terms of results.
The following quotes were obtained from this url.