Review - Dim Sum Streaming Service



I obtained six months free subscription for this service from my membership with TheStar website.

Selection

Dim Sum only provide Asian contents - Shanghai, Korean, Thai. Selection include movies, series and documentaries. So far I have seen a few Thai movies. The movies are quite innovative.

Download

Download for offline viewing are available for both movies and series. Downloads expire after 14 days. We cannot specific the resolution of the download but will prompt for language selection if there is more than one available (usually Mandarin or Cantonese).

Mobile Data protection

This is one area lacking in the Dim Sum application. When I tried downloading two movies, it ended up consuming 3 GB of my quota. I later found that a setting to restrict the use of mobile data in the setting. It is strange that this is not the default option.

Tracking view progress

View progress is tracked across devices similar to iFlix and YouTube.

Price

The subscription is RM15 per month. I did not find any discount options available. For iFlix, it was RM 10 per month if you paid monthly and RM 8 per month if you paid annually.

Summary

I love watching the Thai selection but I am unwilling to pay the monthly fee. I am unlikely to pay for the renewal after the free period expires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app