Review: Deadpool 2016

Prior to the announcement of this movie, I did not know much about the character. The thriller was peaked my interest. I went to watch the movie yesterday with my wife but could not bring my children along due to the rating (even though they were interested). My wife missed all most of the jokes (due to her grasp of the English language) so did not enjoy the movie.

Deadpool has the healing power of Wolverine and the wisecracking habit of Spiderman. Ryan Reynold is perfect for the role, poking fun of his previous role in Green Lantern asking not be given a green suit or any animated suit. He also referred to the limited budget for the movie saying why there were only two X-men in the movie. I guess it is true, sometime self deprecation is useful approach to humor. It was fun to watch how he grew his hand back after he severed it to escape from Colossus. His character and behaviour did not change much before and after his transformation into Deadpool.

Colossus did not feel right in the movie, it just looks different from the comic books. It seems strange that the taxi driver did not protest when Deadpool paid with a high five. Also, if the villain can create Deadpool and other mutant as weapons, wouldn’t he keep some for himself?

Overall the movie was entertaining but I did not have as much emotional satisfaction compared to other comic movies I watched recently.

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitbit Charge 3 vs Honor Band 5i

Fitbit just added Sleep Score to their app