1. Make up your mind to be happy. learn to find pleasure in simple things.
2. Make the best of your circumstances. No one has everything, and everyone has something. Of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is To make the laughter outweigh the tears.
3. Don't take yourself too seriously. Don't think that somehow you should be protected From misfortune that befalls other people.
4. You can't please everybody. Don't let criticism worry you.
5. Don't let your neighbor set your standards. Be yourself.
6. Do the things you enjoy doing but stay out of debt.
7. Never borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than real ones.
8. Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish jealousy, Avoid people who make you unhappy.
9. Have many interest. If you can't travel, read about new places.
10. Don't hold postmortems. Don't spend your time brooding over sorrows or mistakes. Don't be one who never gets over things.
11. Keep busy at something. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.
12. And don't forget to always be THANKFUL! And Thank God for today!